Sunday, October 01, 2006

UGHHH! Okay, shake it off Tigers! Playoffs Start Tues

Oh my goodness... Well, I'm a few hours removed from the final Tigers game of the REGULAR season. I brought Connor with me and we had a blast. We were almost in tears of joy as the Tigers broke out to a 6-0 lead. I said to Connor, "wer'e going to see history here today!" (The Tigers needed one win to be the division winners. The Royals - the WORST team in baseball - had won the first two games of the three game series. And looked done. )

It was so exciting! We bought Standing-Room-Only tickets and were offered seats in the 17th row, right behind the dugout. The Tigers were scoring big runs, two-out hits, it was great! But the Royals didn't comply.

They came back and took the lead, we tied it, and even had the bases loaded in the 11th, but could not score. Talk about a complete roller coaster ride. I was sitting there thinking, "I can't keep going through this..." Then the Royals capped the come-back and won in the 12th.

We were there, ready to watch a celebration on the field and, well, all the air came out. One of our starting pitchers, Kenny Rogers, came in in relief and couldn't get the win... We really just couldn't believe it. We were 14-1 agaist the Royals this year, and they SWEPT us in the final three games of the season?!?

Connor and I had a blast, but I think we're both emotionally drained. I know I am. We have to remember that we are still in the playoffs! We start, in New York, on Tuesday. (Instead of hosting the A's.) It's still VERY exciting. Tomorrow is the TIGERS RALLY at Comerica Park, and my Team Lead at work already said, "You have to go!" Cool.

So, root for the Tigers as we start our first post season in 19 years! GO TIGERS!!!

No comments: